Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yoga

Just back from my first yoga class and it was fantastic. Around a mile or so from here a new business has set up offering cycling and yoga classes and Anna talked to the owner a couple of days ago to see if there would be a class suitable for me. So tonight I went along for an 'introduction to yoga' and ended up having a one-on-one class, which was great. The instructor was able to spend time explaining the movements/breathing perhaps more than she would normally, and she could work on correcting my 'downward-facing dog' (it needs a lot of work!). We covered cats and cows, warriors (I and II, no less!) and tree poses - it was an education.
Anyway, it was just what I needed - enough exercise to get me stretching and moving, but relaxing enough to fit with my current energy levels. I have some things I can work on at home this week and I've already signed up to go back next week.
One happy little yogi.

6 comments:

  1. oh get you. I have actually heard it said that you have always had a problem with your downward dog, do you just pose as trees or do you hug them as well :)
    great to hear you enjoying it sounds like its just the right thing to be doing, do you think it would make me taller if I tried
    well better go, keeeeepppp stretching
    carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Just stay away from the half moon - owwwww!! Maxi has always seemed very much upbeat to me, but what do I know??!!!! You should take Dad with you for the next class, see if he can work on his Plank Pose!!

    Love to you all

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have obviously not tried the Wii fit then! The yoga on. There is quite good. Sounds like you can have some fun with it as well as improving your fitness. Keep it up! Lots of love Barry. Mam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to hear about your yoga journey. I'm impressed with how much change you've introduced into your life - and always with a positive attitude, full of curiosity. That's our Baz. You'll be surprised how quickly you can touch your toes after 20 downward facing dogs or so. Good luck to you, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga is a journey! And on it you will meet many amazing creatures, including pigeons, happy babies, herons, and of course the crowd favorite, "tinkling dog". Wonderful, positive stuff for the body, mind and spirit. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that the yoga brings you strength and comfort on your journey. If you ever want some company, let us know...as yoga has become part of our routine of late. In fact, we often dedicate our sessions to you and your...so it's a pleasure to see you engaged as well. Thinking of you always and sending strength your way. Work on that crow pose! C&D

    ReplyDelete