Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A small setback

Yesterday we found out that the scar on my head has developed an infection. So, for now, the surgeon has put the radiotherapy and chemotherapy on hold until the antibiotics can clear up the infection. It's knocked me a little as I was all psyched up to get on with treatment this week and now have to stop after just two sessions of radiotherapy and one chemo tablet. Still, we were told that the optimum treatment timetable is 3-8 weeks from surgery, so we're still well within that and I now have another week to build up to it.

It might also give me the opportunity to have my 'last' whiskey all over again. Obviously, I'm giving up alcohol once the treatment starts and last Saturday I decided was the night to savour my last single malt for at least 6 months. Oh and it was goood.....a smooth, mellow glass of Balvenie Doublewood over a couple of ice-cubes....bliss!

Here's a photograph from today's walk around the circle with Maxi...the Fall colours are getting better every day and the sunny skies are setting them off a treat this week. Long may it continue, and hopefully when I write next I'll be back into treatment.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo, it's not quite like that here! Although we are, apparently, due to experience an Indian Summer!!

    What a disappointment not being able to complete the first week of treatment, I can't imagine how psyched up you had to be especially saying goodbye to the whiskey, heartbreaking! I hope you have had a couple of smooth measures during the week and have yourself suitably psyched ready for next week.

    Please keep the autumnal photos coming, they are truly beatiful and scenes like that are rarely seen here between the rain!

    Lots of love,

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete