Wednesday, August 10, 2011

End of radiation (2)

Yesterday I had my last round of radiation (again). I'm very happy about not being 'zapped' (as Anna dubbed it) every day, but most of all I think I'm happy about getting the time back. Although I was only in the hospital for 30 minutes or less, the round trip was an hour and a half, followed by some downtime and a nap - I was losing a good three hours or so a day. I'll take chemo until Friday and then have a four-week break for good behaviour! Higher dose chemo starts on September 12th and will run for 6 months.

We celebrated last night by going to our favourite Irish pub for some comfort food (mmm....shepherd's pie!) and a Guinness (for me, not the boys!).

Now I can get back to working full days again. Well, at least until I take vacation in a couple of weeks for the summer onslaught (am I allowed to say that out loud?) of family visitors.

In the words of a wise man..."and that's all I have to say about that".

3 comments:

  1. Great news about the end of radiation but not too sure about you looking foward to getting back to work full time, seriously think that radiation has affected you my friend :-) Great news about the 4 week break I am sure you delighted about that.
    So 2 weeks off fantastic I am sure the family are looking forward to getting out there.
    Enjoy the break, I know the family will be looking forward to it
    Catch ya soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bruv!
    So glad you've reached the end of radiation- I know how much it means to you to get the time back! I'm thrilled to hear about you taking part in the duathlon,and i'd love to be cheering from the sidelines!
    Enjoy the family visits...I shall send chocolatey treats for you all!
    Love n hugs
    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaayyy!! Enjoy your family (immediate and extended)!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete