Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Good times

Just a short note to post a few photographs and update on the last couple of weeks. We tried to take full advantage of my four-week break between radiation ending and chemo starting. Here's a taste:

My Dad and Margaret stayed with us for a week and we took in the Minnesota State Fair, a stroll along the heritage trail, the boys playing soccer, and lots of boating fun...






Check out the look of sheer terror!
(For anyone who would like to see more photographs of the fun on the lake - especially Richard's fun-boarding antics - there's a Picassa album here: 'boating fun')

A clear highlight of the last couple of weeks was competing in the Minneapolis Duathlon with Anna and some good friends of ours. Anna and Curt both ran the two 5k legs and I cycled the 18 miles in the middle with Mary. Unfortunately the official photographers didn't catch us on the course (I'm going to resist a joke about us going too fast) but my dad was on hand to take this photograph afterwards.


Last, but not least was a short trip to Lanesboro in southern Minnesota with Mary and Curt, their kids, Isabel and Alli (all in the photo below), and Carla and Daniel (not pictured). Time well spent on bike rides, a three hour tube ride down the root river (complete with a six pack for the grown-ups), lots of great food, good laughs, and way too much wine.

Outside Whalen's 'World Famous Pie Shop'
That's all for now - I'm off to have a lie down!
Until next time...

ps. There is a tool on my blog where I can view stats of how many people have read the blog (good for my ego, y'know) and where they are from. This month there were nine page views from Tanzania and, as I don't know anyone there, I'm curious to know...who's out there and are you enjoying the blog?

2 comments:

  1. looks like the last few weeks have been well and truly fun packed, still not sure about those shorts though bazza
    anyway go and enjoy your 40 winks
    carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for posting. Yes, we read them all.

    XXX
    Gisselle, Gabriella, Marcus & Mike

    ReplyDelete