Saturday, June 16, 2012

Road trip - Day 1 - Phoenix to Sedona

I'm very happy to report that my hip pain has eased enough so that I could take our planned road trip. (We had a backup plan, but two weeks on a beach isn't really our dream holiday.) I'm writing from the hotel on the first evening, reflecting on a great start to the trip.

A friend of mine keeps a micro-blog (short, concise posts about day-to-day events) and I'm going to attempt the same thing for this trip.

The first leg was planned as two hours to get to Sedona, but was broken up by a stop at Montezuma Castle, an Aztec farmer dwelling built into a cliff recess and dating back to the 1100s (pic below). The boys both got their first 'Junior Ranger' badge, a series of challenges and questions designed by the parks service to ensure kids are getting the full benefit of visiting these amazing places. A few stops at viewing points near Sedona to take in the red rock formations, followed by a quick dip in the pool, dinner, and a view of the sunset over the rocks..perfect!

(The next post will be a micro post, honest!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic great news that your hip a little better to allow you to take the trip but unlike the rest of my lot I like the sound of a two week beach holiday

    Have fun guys

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Barry!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete