Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance

This morning I spent a few moments remembering our war veterans; in particular my Granda Steve, who fought in WWII and my Great-Grandad, Frederick, whom my Grandma never met as she was born around the time that her father fell in Israel during WWI.

Anyway, this morning I read the following comment from someone suggesting why we should honor these people:

We all owe a debt to those who came before us in this world, and left it a better place than they found it.

It made me wonder...will future generations say the same about us?

1 comment:

  1. I think so. I hope so. My dad likes to say, think of your grandchildren's grandchildren. This is a good reminder of that. That would be Patrick and Richard to your great grandad Frederick, right? -Carla

    ReplyDelete