Friday, September 18, 2009

First post

A few people have asked me if I've been keeping a record of the travels I've been doing lately and, lamentably, I haven't. Probably the best way to keep such a journal, with photographs, and be able to share it with friends and family is on a blog. I've wrestled with the idea of a blog for a couple of months...isn't it a little narcissistic? Who wants to hear what I have to say? I got the short answer to that on Facebook when I asked a similar question and only one person replied: not many! However, the friend that did reply said that it should add value to someone's life. So, in the hope that it will add value to Anna and the boys' lives, as they'll be able to see where I am in the world and what I think of the place, I'm going to go for it. It might also add value to my life when my grey matter starts (or continues?) to deteriorate and I can't remember where I've been! And, if others enjoy it too, then fan-tas-tic.
I imagine I'll write mostly about people and places I've visited, but I might also throw in the occasional book review or thought on the state of the world. That sounds deep...I'm sure it won't be.
With that said, here goes...I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the enrichment of my life that your blog promises!! In fact I feel different already, like something was missing. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, old man! Sorry it's a bit on the late side, but, at least it's on the day. Looking forward to reading further instalments - like Michelle, we all need a bit of enrichment in our lives! By the way, the book is already on its way from Amazon,

    Janis & Henry

    ReplyDelete